Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Activities for kids in the car

Snacks, Snacks... and Much More Snacks

And What would a long car ride be without snacks? We do not usually have prepackaged snacks at our house, but I'm making this trip an exception. I'm packing mini chocolate chip cookies, honey graham sticks, crispy cheddar crackers, granola bars, and bunny bites. I am also packing some dry cereal (a rare treat -- that our kids have plain yoghurt with only a scatter of cereal for breakfast), string cheese, snap peas, and baby carrots. Plus a brand new water jug full of ice water.

Chat Cards

All these Are 100 conversation starters at the kind of "would you rather" questions. I love these! Would you rather have a pet chicken or a pet elephant? Would you rather couch in a pool of marshmallows or M & M's? Learn more and receive your free printable cards (or even merely a list of questions) in this post.

Lap Boards

Have seen some amazing DIY lapboards on Pinterest. But I do not sew buttons. I don't do well with wood, foam, or extending fabric. I don't even cut a straight line. This is my version of a DIY lap board. Find A cheap magnetic baking tray (trick -- they are not all magnetic; assess first). This 9 x 13 tray price 99 cents. Then get some markers or crayons and hot glue magnet strips on them (even glue strips can utilize that extra glue). Anything To maintain my toddler from dropping a mark every five seconds. The Sketchpad was from the dollar bin at Target.

Shade by Number Addition Pages

My Seven asked for color by number pages. I wanted to make something which would challenge her as well as give something she loves, so I set addition facts on those fairy tale characters. You can get the listing of ten free webpages by visiting this post.

Drawing Prompts

This Complete the Picture drawing pad from Melissa and Doug is brilliant. It's definitely too advanced for my 2 and probably my Four. However, I think that it's something my older two kids, ages seven and five, will really enjoy. I had to trim the pages to fit them inside the little baking sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment